Industrial Noise Monitoring
Industrial noise generated from plants, mills, refineries, shipping docks, utilities, and more, impact the quality of the surrounding community. By controlling and monitoring this noise a community and industry can establish a working relationship that will benefit all. An effective noise monitoring program will allow an industrial site to understand the noise sources and time periods that are causing concerns and then develop a plan for mitigation.
Many industrial operations take place over lengthy time periods and operations often continue 24 hours a day. By implementing a 24 hour noise monitoring system, with real-time communication and alert notification, a plant can demonstrate to the community and regulatory agencies that they are sensitive to the community and prepared to root-cause and correct any problems that may arise.
Larson Davis also offers the option to make sound recording in .wav format of any event that exceeds the designated noise threshold. This allows a plant to listen to the event that is causing the alert and confirm if it is part of their operation or another extraneous noise source. It is common for an operation to agree to meet established noise limits, but to identify and exclude all noise sources not generated by the industrial site.
- Environmental Noise Monitoring
- Plant Noise Monitoring
- Petrochemical Noise Monitoring
- Manufacturing Noise Monitoring
- OSHA Noise Monitoring
Larson Davis systems offer a complete set of metrics including octave filters (1/1 and 1/3), frequency weighting, time weighting, Ln percentiles, community day and night noise calculations (Lden and CNEL), and more. Selecting a system that serves the needs of the project and the budget will include evaluating variables such things as:
- Monitoring Duration
- Power Requirements
- Installation and Mounting
- Portability and Deployment
- Remote Communication
- Web Publishing and Alert Notification
- Sound File Recording
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Open Architecture and Customization
- 24-hr Technical Support
Categories of Noise Monitoring Systems:
- SoundAdvisor for Permanent, Long-term Noise Monitoring: Model NMS045 delivers 24/7 connectivity, continuous power capabilities, and a rugged design to simplify your long-term testing. Encased in a fiberglass enclosure, NMS045 is mounted to a permanently placed pole. With easy installation and maintenance, AC or solar powered options, and email or text alerts of exceedances, Model NMS045 is an ideal permanent monitoring solution.
- SoundAdvisor for Portable, Short-term Noise Monitoring: Model NMS044, similar to Model NMS045, is a completely wireless solution designed to run indefinitely on solar power, allowing you to take measurements and view them 24/7. A rugged case houses the system making it an ideal solution for remote noise monitoring. The Model NMS044 can be deployed rapidly and easily. As with NMS045, you can receive real-time alerts of exceedances.
- Basic Portable Noise Monitoring: SoundExpert Model LxT offers basic functionality for short-term monitoring. Deploy the system and operate on battery power for up to two weeks before retrieving and downloading measurement data. The system does not offer 24/7 access to measurements or real-time alerts.
- Attended Noise Monitoring: For on-site assessments and evaluations of individual noise sources over a period of minutes or hours a sound level meter such as the SoundAdvisor Model 831C or SoundExpert LxT can be used via a tripod or hand held monitoring.