Notice: The LxT-QPR is obsolete and not available. Please see Spartan Sound Level Meter Model 821IH for a recommended replacement and to learn more about Larson Davis' latest offering for occupational noise assessment.
Measuring Firearm Noise
The Larson Davis SoundTrack LxT-QPR offers quantitative measurements of sound pressure levels generated by firearms with and without suppression devices and silencers.
Many firearm examiners are tasked with determining whether installation of a suppressor or silencer on a firearm results in a "perceptible" reduction of the sound pressure level of a gun. The SoundTrack LxT-QPR provides this functionality utilizing an
easy-to-use handheld platform.
With the included ¼" prepolarized pressure microphone, Model LXT1- QPR, is capable of reading the very high levels typically associated with gunfire testing. These readings can quickly be organized and stored on internal memory, and exported to
a PC for archiving and reporting. Reports generated include selectable noise parameters (peak, background level, max SPL, etc.) as well as calibration history of the instrument, important for courtroom presentations.
All Larson Davis sound level meters are supplied with NIST--traceable calibration certificates. Yearly calibration services are offered. The Larson Davis Model LXT1- QPR is an ideal tool for gathering, analyzing and presenting detailed firearm noise data
quickly, easily and concisely.
- Type 1 Accuracy for Courtroom Traceability
- Large backlit display
- 30 Hours runtime on Energizer® e2r Lithium Batteries
- Simple setup specific to gunfire testing applications
- Large internal memory capable of storing multiple tests
- USB connection to PC for data archiving, reporting and storage
- Utility software provides custom report generation
- 24-hour factory support at no cost
- Web-based training courses