Thank you for your interest in the Larson Davis Model 831 Class 1 Sound Level Meter. This versatile instrument, with high definition display, performs the functions of several instruments. It puts the combined features of a precision Class 1 sound level
meter, environmental noise analyzer, personal noise dosimeter, and a real-time frequency analyzer in the palm of your hand. The Larson Davis Model 831 is a fifth generation Larson Davis sound level meter, designed for simple single handed operation,
yet is fully featured, smart and versatile with an ever expanding firmware platform. The design of the Model 831 was based on countless inputs from our customers. It expands upon the Larson Davis tradition of delivering value, innovation and function
in a rugged single-handed expandable package and is backed by our 2-year Factory Warranty, 24-hour application support and accredited factory service/calibration.
- IEC 61672-1:2013, ANSI S1.4, ANSI S1.43 Class 1 integrating sound level meter
- Voice Annotation
- ANY LEVEL Display
- User programmable run modes
- Six user selectable statistics (Ln)
- Threshold exceedance data
- Community Noise Calculations (Lden, CNEL)
- GPS Global Positioning Support
- Back Erase Functionality
- Normalized Spectrum
- User-selectable screen layout and lockable setup protection
- Remote access and field upgradable
- Wide variety of non-proprietary powering options including - 4XAA internal batteries, AC, USB and external batteries
- Class 1 sound measurements to the latest international standards
- Environmental noise assessment and monitoring
- Reverberation time measurement and building acoustics
- Occupational noise evaluation
- HPD selection
- Noise reduction validation
- Product quality control
- NVH correlation
- In-Situ sound power measurements
- Real-time analysis of sound in 1/1 and 1/3-octave bands
- Code enforcement
Supported PC Software
- G4 LD Utility - PC software supplied with the Model 831 that supports
full sound level meter control, in the field firmware and option upgrades, data export to Excelr, and includes an integrated "Screen Grabber" to display the SLM screen live on a PC
- DNA - the analysis, post-processing and reporting tool for sound and vibration
measurements. DNA delivers enhanced analysis capability, sound playback and graphical reporting. Graphs can be annotated and shared amongst multiple users using DNA Reader software.
- Software Development Kit (SDK) - toolkit for developing
custom applications for Model 831.
- 3rd Party - Model 831 has been integrated into various 3rd party software packages including ITT AirScene for Airport Noise Management.
As you can see from the array of firmware and software, Model 831 offers a complete solution for noise measurement. Whether in the office or in the field, Model 831 can handle your sound measurement needs.
Type Approvals / Pattern Approvals