Portable Audiometer Calibration System
Model AudCal for Certification and Testing
The new SoundAdvisor Audiometer Calibration System AudCal is a field-ready solution for fast, comprehensive audiometer calibration. The system combines the power and versatility of the SoundAdvisor Model 831C sound level meter with the accessibility and functionality of the LD G4 Utility Software. AudCal works seamlessly with a tablet for both testing and data collection–no PC is required. Artificial ear couplers and mastoids are available to simplify the challenge of interfacing with a wide variety of audiometer transducers.
AudCal creates a complete, portable audiometer test and calibration solution. Access the meter on a PC or through the app on your mobile device to setup and run the full suite of tests with ease. Measurement capabilities include frequency, hearing level, FM, and pulse. Narrowband FFT and real time 1/3 octave analysis make measurements such as total harmonic distortion (THD) and ambient noise easy and accurate.
After completing the test suite, generate a test report and certificate that details the pass/fail, and parameters of each test. Test reports can be exported as a PDF that can be printed, shared, and saved.
Test for These Functions
- Signal distortion
- Hearing level
- Pulsed signals
- Speech signals
- Frequency modulation (FM)
- Narrowband noise level
- Broadband noise level
- Sound booth noise levels
- Cross-talk and on/off ratio
- For All Your Transducers – test virtually every device including supra-aural & circumaural headsets, bone vibrators, insert earphones, speakers, and sound booths
- Couplers to Simplify – artificial ear couplers and accessories including AEC201-A “318” ear simulator, AEC100 “NBS 9/A” coupler, AMC493B artificial mastoid, and AEC304 occluded ear simulator
- Qualify Booths – audiometric booth ambient noise with real-time 1/3 octave analysis and fast pass/fail results
- Store and Recall Tests – the AudCal system offers comprehensive search capabilities of previous tests
Simplify your testing while collecting, analyzing, and reporting your data via the AudCal software and/or the app on your tablet or PC:
- Intuitive Software – AudCal Software leads you through each step with automatic detection of signals using four different standards including ANSI S3.6 (2010) and IEC 60645 (2017)
- Mobile Connectivity – setup, control, and run your test from a mobile device using the AudCal app available for both iOS and Android
- Automatic Corrections – the AudCal Software corrects for reference equivalent threshold for sound pressure levels (RETSPL) for microphones and couplers as well as other response adjustments
- Real-time Adjustments – perform level and frequency adjustments during audiometer tests
- Reports are Easy – print, email, share, or store reports and certificates for your client or your archives
Firmware, Software, & Apps
Bringing You an Audiometric Analyzer
With real-time fractional octave filters, FM and pulse capabilities, plus powerful FFT and narrowband analysis and total harmonic distortion, 831C-AUD creates a fully functional audiometer measurement system.
User Friendly AudCal Software
AudCal software allows you to set up customers and their equipment, run a suite of tests, and generate reports. The software is smart – when you start a new test at an existing location, the software will configure your setup to match what you’ve done before.
Each test displays real-time results on screen, with measured data and standards-defined limits. Retest any failed frequency, level, or function individually during testing. Results are used to generate reports that can be customized with company logo and technician signatures.
Generate a report with all the data as it appears on the test. You can upload a company logo that populates on the test, and for certificates, create a signature that will electronically appear on the signature line of the certificate, making it so digital sharing can be done immediately.
Accessible AudCal App
Download the latest iOS and Android versions of the Larson Davis AudCal app easily online. Connect your device to the 831C WiFi, open the app, then take control of the test environment. See live data, add/edit customers, and progress through the entire test suite. Through your app you can generate reports/certificates, sign them with the touch-screen, and save to your phone or email the PDF.